Winston Oregon Fire Department – Services Provided to Citizens of our Fire District
1. 24-hour responses to emergencies by fire and medical personnel.
2. Rapid response to any emergency situation.
3. Response time within City limits averages less than 2-minutes.
4. All duty Firefighters are cross-trained as EMT’s and Paramedics.
5. Firefighting activities include:
- A. Structure Fire Response
- B. Wild-land Fire Response
- C. Hazardous Materials Response
- D. Vehicle Fire Response
- E. Vehicle Accident Response
- F. Special Rescue Situations (extrication, water rescue, steep angle rescue, confined space)
6. Public Assistance
- A. Water removal from buildings
- B. Hazardous condition identification and removal
7. Fire Investigation:
- A. Arson Investigation
- B. Fire Cause and Determination
- C. Juvenile Fire Setter Program
- D. Assist State Fire Marshall
8. Fire Prevention activities:
- A. Building Inspections
- B. Plans Review
- C. Station Tours
- D. Fire Safety Education
- E. Code Enforcement
9. Medical activities
- A. Response to all Emergencies
- B. Ambulance Transport Service
- C. Public Education
- D. Community Blood Pressure Checks
- E. CPR Classes
- F. Fire-Med Program
- G. Poison Control Assistance
- H. Inter-facility Ambulance Transport
The Fire District responds to over 1500 calls for assistance each year. Winston residents receive approximately 70 percent of the services provided by the Fire District. A break down of the types of responses received by City residents: 44 percent medical aids, 11 percent fires, and 27 percent of the emergency ambulance transports.
(We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% accurate, please contact us if information on this page needs to be updated – thank you!)