Winston-Dillard Community Activity – Celtic Games – highland games Oregon
Current as of: 8 April 2010
|| and Clan Gathering
- Sponsored by the Douglas County Scottish Society.
- August 20, 21, 22, 2010
- Free concert, Friday, August 20, 2010
- Celtic Music and Entertainment
- 7 PM
- Admission fee for Saturday and Sunday
- Clan tents
- Scottish goods vendors
- Music (Piping Competiton, etc.)
- Demonstrations: Edged Weapons, Sheepdog, etc.
- Competitions such as Caber Toss, Hammer Toss, Sheaft Toss, Stone Throw, Weight-for-Distance, Weight-for-Height, Farmer Walk and more.
|The Douglas County Scottish Society (DCSS) is a non-profit organization promoting the continued practice of Celtic culture. The society has three main events each year. They include a Robert Burns Dinner in January, a Mother’s Day Tea in May, and the Celtic Highland Games and Clan Gathering the third weekend in August. We strive to educate people of all ages about Celtic culture.DCSS was formed in 1990 and became a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in 2005. The group supports many Douglas County communities, providing cultural education and participating in community parades and events from Canyonville to the Coast to Oakland.
(We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% accurate, please contact us if information on this page needs to be updated – thank you!)
City of Winston Information
Back to: Winston, Oregon